Monday, July 8, 2013

Building interest in your blog

I read an interesting blog post today from Seth Godin. He was speaking to many of us who are attempting to find a market or audience of people who will enjoy or find value in our craft. Wether it's photography, painting pictures, or making home made items for your etsy page, etc. Maybe there's some of us who find that interest in our work isn't spreading fast enough, you can get discouraged by this. I've only just started my blog last fall and i can tell that it's a slow growth process. It's been a great blessing for me though, because I've been able to reach some of the people that are good friends and family of mine. And those people have been very encouraging to me and so supportive. I can't tell you how valuable that is. 
What Seth Godin said was this:
"If your idea isn't spreading, one reason might be that it's for too many people. Or it might be because the cohort that appreciates it isn't tightly connected. When you focus on a smaller, more connected group, it's far easier to make an impact."
This really made me think. There's  a lot of sub cultures out there that will take an interest in just about anything. Appealing to the masses may not be all that it's cracked up to be. So just keep doing whatever it is your doing, have fun, and don't pay too much attention to the Stats on your blog. And while you're thinking about that I'll be trying to swallow that pill myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment